23 days old

Director - Wayne, PA

Main Line Health
Wayne, Pennsylvania 19087
  • Job Code
    39382
  • Job Type
    Employee
  • Job Status
    Full Time

Seeking Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Director

Lankenau Medical Center, a 370 bed community academic medical center in the Philadelphia suburbs is seeking a new fellowship Program Director in Cardiovascular Disease. Our 43 year-old fellowship program has a rich history of creating outstanding clinical leaders in Cardiovascular Medicine and is seeking a new Program Director to continue our tradition of academic and clinical excellence while enhancing our trainees' readiness for Cardiology practice.

Program and Hospital Details:

• Lankenau is a part of the four-hospital Main Line Health System and is located in Wynnewood PA, 200 yards from the City of Philadelphia
• 15-trainee fellowship program with 30 faculty members
• Part of a thriving GME culture that includes seven ACGME-accredited residency programs and seven ACGME-accredited fellowships across two hospitals including Interventional Cardiology, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, and an unaccredited Structural Fellowship
• University affiliation with, and academic appointments through, the Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University
• An extremely “healthy” fellowship program with current ACGME accreditation, no citations, and no AFIs
• The Lankenau Institute for Medical Research (LIMR) is located on site and is a center for cutting-edge clinical and bench research in Cardiovascular disease
• Exceptionally vigorous research programs both inside and outside of LIMR
º >41 active clinical trials in various phases at LIMR
º Main Line Health, via LIMR , is currently participating in 4 FDA Early Feasibility Studies (EFS), usually restricted to 3-5 centers worldwide. We are the national Principle Investigator for 2 of those 4 studies
º Site of the first patient in US percutaneous left atrial-to-coronary sinus shunt for end stage heart failure under compassionate-use protocol. Now one of 4 US sites enrolling into the EFS Edwards Transcatheter Atrial Shunt System (Alt-FLOW study)
º Lankenau physician collaboration with fellows to provide support for retrospective research projects leading to publication
º Other active trials in Main Line Health include PARTNER 3, Portico CAP, ACURATE-IDE, CONFORMAL EFS, APOLLO, DISRUPT PAD III, TOBA II, ILLUMINATE BTK, IMPERIAL, Cardioband TRICUSPID EFS, Alt FLOW EFS, CREST 2, AMULET, and TANGO 
• A fascinating and diverse patient mix from both suburban and urban communities 
• Fellows routinely take nuclear and echo boards during fellowship 
• Extremely active ventricular assist program that resides in Cardiology with VV and VA ECMO (50-60 per year), left and right Impella, and Tandem Heart programs 
• Second in the region and in top 10% of TAVR programs nationwide 
• Lankenau is the most active robotic coronary bypass heart surgery program in the United States with a minimally-invasive approach used in 70% of all cardiac surgery procedures

Position Details:

• The new Program Director would potentially have a July 1, 2020 start date
• The Program Director will have 30% dedicated time for administrative, educational, and research efforts on behalf of the program with the remaining 70% expected to be devoted to maintaining a clinical practice at Lankenau Medical Center
• Candidates must have at least five years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited internal medicine residency or cardiovascular disease fellowship program and must be board certified in Cardiovascular Disease by the ABIM
• Candidates should have outstanding teaching, clinical, administrative, research, and communication skills
• Candidates should have recent scholarly activity with publication of original research or reviews in peer-reviewed journals, textbooks or respected online resource chapters, and participation in national meetings or societies

Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to Rose Caione, our Main Line Health recruiter at caioner@mlhs.org.


Main Line Health Logo

Categories

Posted: 2019-10-21 Expires: 2019-11-18

ACP News      [ View All ]

Share this job:

Director - Wayne, PA

Main Line Health
Wayne, Pennsylvania 19087

Join us to start saving your Favorite Jobs!

Sign In Create Account
Powered ByCareerCast