Internal Medicine and Primary Care - NC
- Internal Medicine and Primary Care
INTERNAL MEDICINE OPPORTUNITY IN BEAUTIFUL ASHEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA
Mission Health System is seeking an experienced Internal Medicine Physician to join Asheville Specialty Hospital (ASH). ASH is a Long Term Care Hospital (LTCH) located in the heart of Asheville. ASH is the only accredited long-term acute care hospital in the western North Carolina region and is an independent affiliate of Mission Health.
- Job Highlights and Requirements are as follows:
- Full time position with competitive salary and benefits package.
- Physician is required to have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in Acute/Critical Care and familiar with IV medication and pressors.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills, and be able work effectively with all sub-specialists, advanced practitioners, nurses and all ancillary service providers.
- Position requires double rounding model, rounding both in the morning and the afternoon.
- Average patient census is between 22-24 patients daily. Schedule is 7 on/7 off.
- No procedures required
- Responsibilities include diagnosing, treating and managing acute and chronic illnesses; prescribing, administering and dispensing therapeutic measures, tests, procedures and medication; consulting with and referring to other health care professionals.
- Physician work with and supervises advanced practitioner
- Candidate should exude a positive attitude and maintain a level of professionalism at all times.
- Must be a team player and comfortable speaking with patients and families concerning end of life issues.
- Candidates must possess all relevant certification and licenses.
About Mission Health:
Mission Health, based in Asheville, North Carolina, is the state's sixth-largest health system and the region's only not-for-profit, independent community hospital system governed and managed exclusively in western North Carolina. Mission Health has been recognized as one of the nation's Top 15 Health Systems 2012-2014 by Truven Health Analytics, formerly Thomson Reuters. Mission Health is the only medium-sized health system to receive this recognition three years in a row, and the only health system in North Carolina to achieve that distinction. Mission Health, which traces its roots in the region back to 1885, operates six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, and the region's only dedicated Level II trauma center. Its medical staff consists of more than 1,000 physicians and is certified in more than 50 medical specialties and sub-specialties. Mission Health has seven Centers of Excellence: Cancer, Heart, Mission Children's Hospital, Neurosciences, Orthopedics, Trauma and Women's Health. Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, is the system's flagship hospital and is licensed for 795 beds. It is the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care. It also includes Mission Children's Hospital - the region's only children's hospital. With approximately 10,600 employees and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Jobs
- View more Internal Medicine and Primary Care Jobs
- View more Mission Health Jobs